The end of Ramadan is approaching. Time to get inspired by some party recipes! None other than the Healthy Sisters Rachida and Najima, share a recipe for the delicious traditional Moroccan dish ‘sweet couscous with pumpkin’!
We are Rachida and Najima, also known as Healthy Sisters. When Yusra approached us to share a recipe with you, we immediately thought of the sweet couscous with pumpkin. We are halfway through Ramadan. That means that we are getting closer to al-Eid. And couscous is a party dish, right?
What do you need?
- 500 gram speltcouscous (mag ook de volkoren gebruiken
- 1 pumpkin
- 200 gram almonds
- 100 gram raisins
- 50 ml rose water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 grams of butter
- Steam the couscous in the traditional manner. Steam the couscous 2x 20 minutes.
- Steam the pumpkin.
- When the couscous is almost finished steaming, add the raisins in. Let these steam for a little while as well.
- Meanwhile you are going to make the pumpkin porridge. Mix the pumpkin, rose water, cinnamon and butter in a separate pan on a low heat until you have a fine paste.
- In a round or oblong baking pan apply a first layer of couscous.
- Next is a pumpkin layer and then another layer of couscous.
- Finish with almonds, honey and cinnamon
A nice, sweet and responsible meal for Eid, and of course for every occasion ;-).
Check out this recipe on our YouTube channel.